It was great to see so many of you at Playground Fun Day and Parent Orientation! Thank you for coming!
Below are a couple of reminders for the first week:
- Tuesday is a half day of class. Below are the times and names for each of the two groups:
- 9:00 - 10:15 - Quinn, Gracey, Sawyer, Levi. L, Thomas S, Sydney, Ava, Nao
- 10:45 - 12:00 - Emery, Jocelyn, Thomas C. Braxton, Allison, Levi H.
- On Wednesday and Thursday: Drop off time is between 8:50 and 9:10. Pick up is at 12:00. (Lunch bunch begins Monday, Sept. 10.)
- Please escort your child to their cubbie and drop off any items that will not be coming into the classroom (for example, their change of clothes in a Ziploc bag).
- Our morning procedure is to have your child sign in at the handwriting center next to the door (we will just show them this on Tuesday, actually sign in will begin on Wednesday), move their "person" from "home" to "school" on an attendance poster, and then continue to the sink to wash their hands. We will then help your child start an activity.
- As I mentioned at the Parent Orientation, Ms. Missy or I will greet your child at the door to assist them. You can say goodbye at that point (which is the goal!), or if you feel it would ease their transition, you may accompany your child through any part of this procedure. On Wednesday and Thursday we would like to begin our circle time around 9:30, so it would be best if you have said your goodbyes before then.
- At pickup, please wait patiently in the hall until I call your child to the door to be dismissed. Also, remember to fill out a permission slip (located beside the white board) if someone other than a parent will be picking up your child.
Finally, please don't forget to sign up to bring play dough and/or library books, if you haven't done so already. Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns. Happy Labor Day and I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!