We had a terrific start to the new school year! The Blue Whales have already begun to learn their new routines and seem to be adjusting beautifully to the classroom, their teachers and to each other! What a kind and lovely group of children...thank you for sharing them with us!
A few notes and reminders for next week:
- Our first lunch bunch is on Monday. Please don't forget to pack a lunch for your child and pick them up at 1:00 pm.
- We will need some printed pictures from you for our upcoming unit on families. We would like to have these photos on or before Monday, September 17th.
- First, please provide us with a baby picture of your child. This picture will be returned to you, in tact, when we are through with it.
- Second, we need a family photo, including your child. We will be cutting this photo and using it in an art project. If you'd prefer we keep your photo in tact, just let us know, and we will be happy to make a copy for our use and will send the original back home with you.
- I also wanted to let you know that we have modified the student sign in for each child based on our initial observations. Please remember that this activity is a process and that all children develop at different rates. We will continue to monitor each student throughout the year and work to meet their individual needs.
- We still have a Triple P project in the hallway. Please consider helping out!
- A quick reminder, Quinn's family has snack next week (we currently have 14 students) and Jocelyn is our first "Star of the Week"!
- A heartfelt thank you to those of you who have already volunteered to bring in playdough and library books, but more help is needed!!! Please take a turn if you are able. You can click on the links below or from the "buttons" on the Blue Whale web page.
Playdough: click here
Library Books: click here
Finally, to see a few pictures from our first week of school, click on the class photo album button.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing everyone again on Monday!